Monday, December 21, 2009

Finished!

I finished my quilt in time for Christmas!  Not that it'll be used over Christmas...or that it needed to be done for Christmas.  But it's nice to have it done.  The last time I posted about it, I had just started snipping all the seams so that it would fray.  Well, after I posted, it sat in our spare room until just the other day when Nathan brought it out to the living room so that I had to look at it unfinished until I decided to finish it.  So quite a few hours of snipping later (and one pair of scissors that was sharp and is now dull) I am FINISHED!!






I did a random pattern on it, instead of making a design.  I played with multiple designs before I even started cutting, but kept coming back to the random one.  I just like how cozy and homemade it looks with no pattern.  One thing I don't like is that I had to wash it to get the fraying started.  And I like things to look and feel new as long as possible.  Before washing, all the flannel was perfect and soft and new...and after washing it is all balled up and not nearly as soft and it already looks "old".  *sigh*  I guess that's just the nature of these quilts. : )  I might take my lint shaver to it and see if I can at least get all the white balled up lint off of the brown squares where it looks the worst.  It is still a nice, cozy, heavy blanket though.  And believe me, I do have some dreams for it!  Perhaps snuggle my little girl in it one day?  Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

It's beautiful!

Karis Brandes said...

I love that Nathan just left it lying out in the living room to motivate you to finish it! It's beautiful!