Thursday, December 3, 2009

My days...

have consisted of nothing very exciting lately.

Lately it has felt like life is nothing but routine. I am one who appreciates routine a fair amount (especially after prolonged periods of no routine) but sometimes I wish I could just throw something completely different into my day. Ever get that feeling?

My routine has included:
- cooking meals
- going to my 2 classes a week
- doing homework as I try to switch an audited course into one for credit
- crocheting (lots of crocheting)
- cleaning
- reading

That's about it! And seriously, as far as routines go, it is a pretty fabulous one! But today I just feel like doing something different. Like REALLY different. Like unfeasibly different. I feel like getting in the car and driving across the country. I feel like exploring. I feel like making memories and taking pictures and traveling with my husband. I feel like just getting in the car and driving up to San Francisco, because really, it's only a 3 hour drive or down to San Diego. Or even just driving to the other end of the city and going out for supper with Nathan would be lovely!

But those dreams would take time and money and we have neither, so we will sit. And really I don't mind sitting. I don't mind routine. I don't mind crocheting and reading and even the occasional homework. It really is lovely. I just feel like doing something different today.

Maybe we'll have to see what I can dream up...

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Did you come up with something? Thanks for sharing, it's nice to know one's not alone in feeling as if something needs to be different sometimes--really different!

Have a wonderful day!

Gayle