Saturday, December 12, 2009

is there any point in posting...

Lately, while everyone else is feeling more relaxed, I have been feeling more busy. I'm thinking it's because I had nothing much to do while everyone else was doing homework and now that homework is wrapping up, people have time to socialize again. It would be great, except I always feel like I should be doing my homework! Don't worry, though, I'm overcoming that feeling quite effectively. Most of my books are still sitting on the shelf unopened.

Seriously though, I do need to get down to work soon. I've finished two of my seven papers that I need to do before next semester starts. That's 5 books to read and 5 papers to write in 6 weeks. My practical side says that I should just dive into it and put out paper after paper until I'm done. My procrastinating side reminds me (over and over) that they're not actually due until the end of January and I have nothing to do between now and then, so why not take a few days to relax? I'm just afraid that I'll take too many days to relax, then suddenly realize that I have two weeks to write 5 papers. Hopefully I talk some sense into myself soon!

Speaking of homework, I downloaded the syllabuses (yes, it is just as technically correct to say "syllabuses" as the more annoying sounding "syllabi" - I dictionaried it) for my courses next semester. Then I opened my calendar and plunked all of my assignment due dates onto it. And my heart kinda stopped a little bit. Or maybe that uncomfortable, tight feeling is more of a stomach cramp. Whatever it is, I'm realizing that I'm going to be a real, stressed, busy student in a matter of a few weeks. Yikes. Perhaps it really is time to get going on those papers so that I can finish them and start reading ahead for my other classes!

Well, Nathan is antsy (didn't take long after classes were done!) so we're going to go out for a bit. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Karis Brandes said...

It'll be a very different semester for you, that's for sure! But hopefully a good one as you get to do some learning yourself!