Friday, September 10, 2010

Clarification

I had a question on my last post so I thought I would address it here, in case anyone else was wondering about this particular part of the post as well.


Question: "I do wonder what your intentions were when you put such words as; smart, green and nutritious in quotation marks?...Are you mocking such foods as Wonder Bread Invisibles (which, by the way is complete marketing)? Or are you suggesting that you will not be feeding your child smart or green foods?"

Clarification:  Honestly, I had no intentions when I put those three words in quotation marks.  I suppose though, on second thought, that by doing that I was giving a jab to the marketing companies who understand that parents want to feed their children nutritiously and, therefore, stick a label on any product that even comes close to qualifying as "healthy", whether or not it has changed at all or become more nutritious in the last 25 years.  I meant nothing more and certainly agree with feeding our children the most healthy food available, with some treat-like exceptions of course.  Like Kool-Aid. : )

1 comment:

Karis Brandes said...

Thanks for clarifying! I must say though I feel little bad. I hope you didn't take my comment in a way it was not intended. I merely came from a place of curiousity, not trying to malicious or mean.

- Jared