Friday, September 24, 2010

Squirming

While Baby could certainly make his/her appearance any time now, I am enjoying the last few days of squirming that I have.  Being able to feel the baby moving around inside has been an amazing part of this pregnancy and it'll probably feel strange at first for my body to be so still.  But that said, I'm sure the squirming will be MUCH more sweet on the outside, not to mention everyone else being able to enjoy it as well!

I'm also enjoying the last few days of having been the only person to ever hold our baby.  For the last 9 months, nobody else has held him/her.  I have carried this person around 24/7 and in just a couple days I'll have to surrender this Baby to the arms of his/her father and anxious grandparents, uncles, aunts, and friends.  Oh, don't worry, I really am looking forward to you all meeting our little one and I'll try to be generous in dishing out cuddle time.  I'm just saying, I'm gonna be enjoying every minute I have to snuggle with and get to know our little son/daughter. 

If I had to choose three words that describe how I feel about the arrival of our first child, they would be:

overjoyed.

  humbled.

blessed.

3 comments:

Alicia Buhler said...

Glad to hear that you're going to be willing to share. I expect a good deal of auntie-niece/nephew cuddle time when I come out to visit!

Anonymous said...

Niki, I can honestly say that even after 20+ years, the memories of carrying a precious bundle inside of me still makes me smile and wonder in awe. Almost more amazing is seeing your own daughter experiencing this gift. Can't wait to hear your news!
~Rhonda

officehourthoughts said...

LOOK OUT! Once I have my hands on McBaby it's gonna be pretty hard for you to pry him/her back... Unless it needs to be changed... or its hungry... or Crying.. or needs its finger nails cut.....