Friday, March 13, 2009

Another project...and PICTURES!!!

Here is my latest project, almost complete. When I got married, my husband had many shirts that were very…um, how shall I put this...very teenage bachelor, perhaps? At first, he just wanted to impress me, so he would buy new shirts that he knew that I would like. But as we were married longer (say, 3 months) he gradually left the nice shirts in the closet, and reverted back to his “comfy” old t-shirts. So, after seeing the 3th shirt with a hole in a week, I suggested that maybe these beloved shirts had seen their day. Hubby just couldn’t part with the memories attached to all these wonderful shirts, though. What to do, what to do? In a moment of genius, I suggested that maybe I could cut the memories out of these special shirts and make a t-shirt blanket with the pieces. It would be a rec room blanket full of memories for him. He thought that would be better than some other options, so after 3 ½ years of gradually adding shirts to the “t-shirt blanket” box, I finally made the time to start the project. (Now that I’m starting to think about packing and moving, I figured a blanket would be A LOT easier to move than a big box of old t-shirts.) So here is the almost finished project.

Look closely…do you recognize any of the shirts???


This is Nathan’s favourite square…it was his Dad’s youth sweatshirt from a few years ago…quite a few years ago. (Hope you don’t mind I cut up your shirt, Dad/Rick…)














And now for some other random pictures…














How can you say, “See you in 2 years,” to a face like that???















And this is Nathan’s latest purchase…U2’s latest release. He’s pretty excited about living near LA, where he’s sure they’ll be touring. He’s already let me know that he’ll need about $400 so that he can go see them in Cali. (I just shake my head and smile…we shall see if he is lucky enough to persuade me…)

4 comments:

Alicia Buhler said...

Thanks for the invite to the new blog -- I'm glad you didn't just leave all your faithful Second Street blog readers in the dust and start out to make all brand new friends! I look forward to reading more beautiful, random thoughts. Great blog idea and title!

p.s. I love the color red, but I also hesitate to admit that it's my favourite - I don't want all the other colours to feel left out.

Alicia Buhler said...

ps. love the t-shirt blanket idea!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow that kid had a lot of T-shirts! The funny thing is, as I look at those shirts, I have memories attached to them as well... remembering him wearing them all the time... wow...

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I recognize lots of those t-shirts. That is a great idea. If only I could sew I would totally copy you and clean out Tim's drawer!!