Monday, March 30, 2009

You got me...I'm posting...

Ok, I just couldn’t help but post. Even though I don’t have 10 comments yet…I woke up to the most beautiful morning today, and I just had to share! The time was 7:17am. The house was quiet. Our bedroom was flooded with sunlight. When I wake up feeling completely rested and sunlight is making the world look alive, I can’t help but smile. And sing. My heart just SINGS when I see the sun in the morning! And sometimes I can’t help but belt out a couple verses as I prepare for my day (when only Lennox is around to hear those rough early morning attempts). This morning it was hymns that came to mind. Great is Thy Faithfulness is the only one I can remember now. But my mind usually jumps from song to song as the praises for the beautiful day flow through my heart.

Now, why is it that praises aren’t the first thing that come out on days when it’s cloudy and wintery??? Usually then there’s not much more than sluggish exhaustion (even after 10 uninterrupted hours of sleep)…

1 comment:

Alicia Buhler said...

You're right - there's nothing like that early morning sun.