Friday, March 20, 2009

In honour of my 5th post…

Five Random Thoughts…(still from Second Street)


(Ok, so the picture is a little lame...I still thought it was funny. Get it? High FIVE...my FIFTH post???)

In case you can't read it, it says, "I've been waiting 3 hours for a high five...!


  • I have been coughing on and off all morning and occasionally feeling like I’m drowning…like in the shower last night. Weird…
  • I am going to be scrap-booking this weekend. (If you want to come for tonight, it’s not too late to just show up (sorry, you can’t come for Saturday though…there won’t be enough food! Call me for details!) I found the pictures that I printed last summer (I KNEW I wasn’t completely caught up!) so I’ll add those to my album. I’m also going to work on scrap-booking Nate’s Bethany stuff. That’ll be a fun one. Nothing like scrap-booking half-dressed college guys. JUST KIDDING!!! There’s only one picture like that…
  • Next Wednesday, I’ll be sharing a bit of my testimony at a ladies encouragement evening at our church. I’m a bit nervous, but I really don’t mind speaking in front of people, so it should be fine. I’ve got what I’m going to say all ready, so at least that’s not stressing me out. If anyone wants to come, please do! It’s going to be a great evening of women sharing their stories! Again, call/email me for details if you’re interested…
  • I LOVE my job. I work great hours. I work with great people. The location is great (2 minute drive…10 minute walk…5 minute bike ride). The work is good…getting better and better as I understand what I’m doing (still learning after two years here!). It’s not too formal…or formal at all (a nice switch from my previous workplace). When we have meals at work (like when someone quits or when we’ve had a good month or meetings or during inventory) it’s usually pizza and fried chicken. Yum! I’d take pizza and fried chicken any day over salads and soups. Though I must write a disclaimer: if you offer to go out for lunch with me and we go out for soup, I’ll gladly go…company trumps food preferences.
  • I like odd numbers better than even numbers. Always have. Always will. Which do you like better? (don’t tell me you’ve never thought about it!)

3…5…7…9…11…13…15…17…19…21…23…25…27…29…31…33…35…37...39…

4 comments:

Marsha said...

funny you mention this but I was just arguing with my friends over odd or even numbers. I am the ONLY one who likes the odd numbers best (I thought that was more normal b/c the most popular favorite number is 7) anyway...Ben, Chelsey, Dana, everyone likes even numbers better. I don't I hated being 22 just cause it's an ugly number. And Chelsey was a little disappointed b/c McKenna was born on the 17th and not the 18th or 16th :)

Nikki said...

hey- I will be around that wednesday..details via email??

Alicia Buhler said...

I'm an even numbers person myself, except when it's a double even number like 22 or 44. I much prefer being 24 to 23 or 25. I've sometimes wondered if it may correspond to your birthday - since I was born on the 30th I like even numbers better and since you are a 13 you like odd numbers better? Does my theory hold?

leah said...

I've always liked prime numbers best!! (I think that's what they're called...) Like 7 and 13 and 23 and 27... You get it, the ones that are only divisible by itself and 1. And they are always odd numbers, even though my birthday is on the 4th... Sorry to prove your theory wrong Alicia! Haha