Monday, August 24, 2009

missing him


I miss our Lennox. It would have been fun if he could have come with us. It's only been a week since we left him but so many things have made me think of him this past week:

- saying the word w-a-l-k anytime after 4:00pm
- finding a random tennis ball on campus on our evening walk
- evening walks
- Nathan playing with a soccer ball while bbq-ing…usually Lennox would be out there with him playing
- Finding Lennox hair in our stuff as we unpack
- Walking anywhere and thinking I should take Lennox with me
- High pitched squeals that sound like a small Lennox whimper to let us know that he wants/needs to go outside
- Finding a “doggy bag” in my pocket from the last time I wore these shorts (in Altona while walking Lennox)
- Pictures of Lennox that we have hanging right by our front door
- Remembering how he would curl up right beside me and stay there for hours
- Seeing people with their dogs while camping on the way down...especially black dogs.

Only 21/22 months until we get him back!

No comments: