Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A little about Me (no pun intended)

I am someone who…
- would rather walk or bike than drive all summer
- loves to be creative, but needs to be creative on her own terms, in her own time
- hoped that she would have 2 or 3 kids by now…and one on the way
- loves to read, write and doesn’t mind public speaking…pretty much anything to do with words is great
- enjoyed math and science and English in high school MUCH more than history
- loves to smell good…like Bath & Body Works soap and lotion…mmm…
- enjoys colourful clothing…in a tasteful, moderate way
- is not sure that she remembers how to just sit and waste a day in front of the tv…
- loves rivers and nature
- used to tell stories to her friends and brother, just to see if they would believe her…they usually would
- loves a clean house
- can’t imagine life without my husband
- isn’t sure how excitement and nervousness is supposed to mix
- likes to think about big questions…and talk about them once they’re thought through


Pretty much, I am me. What you see is what you get. I’m pretty open and honest, though quiet, which makes it take a bit longer to see that. I like such a variety of things and am pretty adventurous, as long as the adventure isn’t financially irresponsible or potentially stupid. For instance, I would love to go skydiving and/or bungee jumping, though I’m not sure I would ever pay the money for it. I would also love to visit all but one of the continents of the world long enough to see and live in the vastly different cultures for a while. If I had to name the continents in order of my desire to visit them, it would be as follows: South America, Europe, Australia, Africa, Asia, North America. I have no desire to visit Antarctica. I played piano for 9 years in grade school and have my grade 8 completed. Some days I dream of continuing my music education, but I realize that I would need to be dreaming about it every day for it to happen. I enjoy music, but it annoys me like crazy when people talk about bands and albums and songs and tours. Currently, I am reading “Follow Me” by Jan Hettinga and “Animal’s People” by Indra Sinha. I enjoy long walks on the beac…

2 comments:

Alicia Buhler said...

Here's my tip for the day: If a stranger offers you an opportunity to skydive or bungee jump for free, I wouldn't take him/her up on the offer.

Marsha said...

lol

yeah probably safer to pay the money.