Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Naturally...



When there is humidity outside, I can straighten my hair and use as much product as I want in the morning but after being outside for 20 minutes, my hair starts to curl. Having grown up (for the first five years of my life) as a missionary kid (MK) in
South America, where the humidity is pretty high, I had blonde, naturally curly hair. The move to Canada straightened my hair out pretty quick, but often in spring, if we have a really wet one, my hair will curl again. Thankfully it’s not too hard to control, humid or not! Unfortunately, the curls happen most beautifully in the front and the back just decides to flip every-which-way it wants (or stays straight). I guess that means I would make a pretty good Jewish man. (no disrespect intended)




So a while ago, probably back in February/March now that I think of it, I started working out every day. For about a month, I was faithful to my daily after supper routine. I would clean up from supper, do the dishes, work out, shower and then relax. All was going well until one day…*cue suspenseful music*…I didn’t feel good. Now, I’m pretty sure we all know what that means. Bye-bye happiness. Hello lonliness. I think I’m gonna cry…bye-bye love… (Ok, so if you don’t know George Harrison, that will have made no sense to you) BYE-BYE ROUTINE!!! So last night, after a 3 month hiatus, I pulled out the good old Turbo Jam DVD and the little bit of gumption that I had and whipped out a pretty mortifying workout. I had no idea I’d lost that much ground. Oops. I decided two things last night. 1. Don’t ever let one sick day ruin your routine for 3 months again. 2. I don’t so much like the Ab Party. “Party” might have been the wrong word for it…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last night we bought this EA Active program for our Wii and I've now worked out 3 times in the last 2 days (once with Jared, twice by myself) I haven't worked out since I was on the soccer team the fall of my 2nd year... yikes. Needless to say, I'm in a lot of pain. Maybe we can motivate each other?