Friday, June 19, 2009

What is Svelte, Bearded and Rich?


In the interest of full disclosure this is not Niki writing. Nope it is her Svelte bearded and slightly richer than he was yesterday husband writing. Niki told me that I was supposed to “guest author” this post. Really I was hoping that she would go and sing my praises, but I guess since I’ve been as humble as Moses (Nu 12:3) lately I guess it would be ok to brag for a while.



During my first week at Cargill, the other employees and I all chipped in $20 and created the BIGGEST Loser… Altona Style. Well after eight whole weeks of Celery Sticks (no dip) no carbs, no red meat, no dairy, and a hour of grueling cardio followed by 45 minutes of weights every day…. or perhaps closer to the truth, eating slightly better avoiding Niki’s baking like the plague (there is just no saying no to 8 fresh buns in a sitting) and using Turbo Jam once a week when the guilt set in. I was crowned king!


It was actually a pretty intense competition. Second and third place each lost a little over 12 pounds. But I surprised myself weighing in at a very svelte 193.4 lbs. for a total lost of 14.6 (also known as losing 7% of my weight). So what did I receive for all my hard work you ask? I feel great about myself, my pants are all way too loose (usually a good thing) and $160 cold hard CASH! I started my “I’m done this competition” by promptly falling off the eating well wagon, and eating not one but TWO 10 oz steaks (There was a worker appreciation at lunch today) and now I am making plans for my hard earned money… I’m torn… do I take my beautiful wife out for a night on the town or… do I spend it selfishly on myself (*sigh*) this is almost enough so I could buy myself a Mandolin (I know I’ve been listening to too much folk music but they sound so cool). Right now I’m leaning towards taking Niki out, after all she was my encourager through this all so she obviously deserves her fair share… although… let’s face it… just looking at me should be reward enough :D


Well enough bragging about me on Niki’s blog… sorry to all of you who just wasted your time reading this hoping Niki was going to stop me and take over sooner.

By the way… I’m growing a beard… it’s killer Indie right now!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Nathan you're such a nut!!! :) but congratulations. You worked hard for that money!

Marsha said...

p.s. with that crazy look on your face it's hard to get a good look at this styling beard! Let's get a better pic of it! :)

Alicia Buhler said...

Taking Niki out on the town (Altona?) is a great idea but I would suggest that it might be advisable to purchase some new pants with your cold, hard cash. After all, a night out on the town with your pants around your ankles...enough said.