Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This is a picture I drew…


When I was little and was asked to draw a picture, I always remember drawing the same thing. Green grass; blue sky; a tree (with apples, if it was a special day); a big sun in the top, right-hand corner with yellow rays, short-long-short-long; a flower (always pink or purple); and a beach ball. Sometimes a stick person would make it into the scene as well.

When I got older, and a little more advanced, sometimes I would draw mountains (I probably saw my sister draw them and wanted to be just like her). There was nothing else in the scene but lots and lots of snow capped mountains. (see below)



Oh, the simple joy of coloring with crayons. What did you draw when you were a kid?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures much like yours. And somehow the sun is ALWAYS on the right side. Sometimes I only did the 1/4 sun peeping out of the corner of the page.

Unknown said...

There was usually a river running through my picture and mountains in the background.

I was also keen on drawing people from an early age. The early drawings are hilarious - they kind of looked like the girl character from "stickin' around". Later I got better. . . but I usually drew females. They're just easier. It bothered me that I couldn't draw guys, so from age 14 or so I made a point of drawing men. . . I got okay at it, but I have 2 or 3 three token guys I can draw. Can't branch out.

Worst thing to draw = cars. Hands down. Stupid things are so hard to draw.

Alicia Buhler said...

If you had truly been copying me you probably would have included birds in the picture, you know, those M style birds.