Friday, February 19, 2010

200th Post!

I can't believe I'm at 200 posts already!  Wow.  In the past I have done various lists using the number of significance on the given day...but I don't think I have 200 of anything that I can put into a list form, and I doubt that any of you would make it through reading a list of 200 anything.  So 20 it is.  (Like a tithe! - 10%)

1.  My parents arrive in one week and two days!  There will be here for a week before they continue on in their other adventures.

2.  I haven't been working on many projects lately.  Well, I should say I haven't been finishing many projects lately.  I have an afghan on the go as well as two baby quilts (that I mentioned earlier).  But the quilting on the latest one kinda shifted the backing fabric - I guess I was getting too cocky after such a good first quilt - so I'm in a bit of a slump, not wanting to mess up the next one.

3.  I miss our puppy.  We haven't seen Lennox for 6 months!  Poor guy probably doesn't even remember us!  Nah.  He remembers us.  But I still miss him!

4.  It is a rainy day today.  Apparently when it is foggy for a few days in a row, it means rain is coming and apparently that clears the fog for a day or two.  Interesting weather patterns here.  Personally I was enjoying our week of sun and warmth...

5.  Tomorrow I have a class from 9am-5pm.  I anticipate it feeling like a LONG day.  This particular class is split up into two weekend sessions.  After tomorrow, I have another full day of this class three weeks later.  Hopefully I really enjoy it, otherwise I'm really not going to be looking forward to March 13!  The class is Counseling Couples, though, so it sounds interesting!

6.  Nathan, as I type, is plugging away beside me on a book that he just wishes he was done already.  It is called "The Souls of Black People" and was written back in the 1800's or something crazy like that.  He's on page 200-something, so he's getting there...but he's not enjoying it!  Sucker...

7.  I bought Nathan a box of Raisin Bran this morning just because I love him.  He mentioned this morning as he poured his bowl of Corn Flakes (with tons of brown sugar!) that he was getting sick of them and really wished he could have some Raisin Bran again.  So while I was out running errands, I picked up a box.  And he was happy...at least I think he was. : )  Not a huge thing, but fun to walk in with them just a couple hours after he mentioned that he would like some.

8.  I got the cutest letter ever from one of our friends' kids the other day.  She had been at a birthday party and got a palm tree eraser in her goodie bag and wanted to send it to me because I'm living in California!  And the note was hand-written.  So special.  It is definitely hanging on our fridge with the eraser still attached (of course).

9.  Our house has not been as clean as I would like, lately.  (Obviously I'm running out of things for my list of 20.)  I usually go through phases of keeping it perfectly spotless (yeah right) and letting it slide.  This is one of those slide-times.  Haha.  It's still not bad.  The floor is vacuumed/swept/washed, there are no clothes on the bedroom floor...but the dishes haven't been done in a day and there are papers/books (homework) laying all over our coffee-table, there are shoes piling up at the front door (because we really have no entrance or shoe rack) and the cereal is just sitting out on the counter because I don't feel like organizing the cupboards so that it will fit (because there just isn't room, even if I do organize).  You know the feeling when you live in a place that just never looks "shiny clean" even when you clean all day?  It's hard to feel motivated to work hard when it's a rental and an OLD, rundown rental at that!  But that is no excuse, really.  I should spend a day tidying/cleaning/organizing.  *sigh*

10.  We have been watching Olympics here and there.  We've watched some moguls, snowboarding, and speed-skating.  Oh, and some ski jumping.  We really haven't watched that much, but some.  And we've even seen some of the Canadians, though only if they are doing really well, because let's face it, American coverage mostly just covers American athletes.  Logical...

11.  Nathan just finished his book!  He's keeping a count of how many books he's read in 2010.  He's at 15 now.  I'm so proud of him.  He works so hard. : )

12.  I've got nothing else.  You got 12.  I guess that can be one for every month since I moved over to this blog from ThoughtsFromSecondStreet.  It's been almost a year!  March 18 was officially the switch date, I think.  Wow, it feels like so much longer.  Feels like it's almost time to switch up the blog address again...but don't worry.  If I decide to do that, I'll give you much notice and walk you carefully through the transition so that nobody gets lost along the way.  hehe.

Happy 200th post everyone!

1 comment:

Karis Brandes said...

Wow... 200 posts. I'm so impressed! I only have 20 posts on my blog :(

And I so completely understand what you're saying with #9. In our last house, I would wash the cupboard doors ALL the time (they were brand new when we moved in AND white and really showed that they were dirty) Now... not so much...