Friday, April 17, 2009

Jumping for Joy

Now that it’s been 2 ½ years that we’ve been trying to have a baby, most days I feel like babies are for other people and we’ll never have one. I don’t say this in a bitter, cynical way. I’m just stating the fact. And I feel that I’ve come to terms with it. Lately, life (in general) has been a lot easier than the first 30 (thirty!) months of trying were. I’m not sure why the change, but I’m sure glad it’s different than it was. Those were some LONG, DRAINING months! Perhaps time does heal everything…time and many prayers.


But yesterday I had a moment when I got truly excited. I got an email from my mother-in-law about something and it hit me that we could have a baby one day! We could! One day we could actually have kids! We won’t necessarily be just the two of us forever. (I sometimes forget this) This little jolt of energy went through me and the hope for having children of our own one day was renewed. What joy! What excitement! It could happen ANY DAY! I just feel like singing and dancing my heart out!!!




4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Niki, I can't imagine the rollercoaster you two have been on these past years. It has got to be so tough. In the midst of the struggle I rejoice with you at renewed hope and pray that the longing of your heart would be answered and that the time of waiting would soon come to an end. I trust with you that all things are indeed possible with God.

Sister C said...

Jesus is sweet. I am glad he is showing how real he is and He making your day brighter.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

So glad your hope has been renewed. Praying that it will happen in Gods perfect timing!

Anonymous said...

So... what was the email about?!