Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Such Exciting Things...

Yesterday was an exciting day for Nathan and I. Exciting in a couple small ways…no, there was nothing too hugely exciting! First, when I went for my bank/mail run for work, I found a “You have a package” slip in our mailbox! What better way to start off your day, right? Well, I can think of a couple more exciting things…but only a couple. This is near the top of the “most-exciting-ways-to-start-your-day” list. When I went to redeem my prize at the counter, it was exactly what I hoped it would be (last time I got a slip like that, it turned out to be someone else’s package). WE GOT A BOX FROM AMAZON! And not only a box…there were BOOKS inside!!! Last week, we placed an order and because of the “free super saver shipping” we were only expecting this package next week. But here it was!

Nathan ordered Biblical Basics of Hebrew (both the text book and the workbook) to get a head start on seminary stuff. I ordered, with my allowance (which is a wonderful thing in marriage), a photography book about portraits and candid photography. I started reading it last night and so far it is pretty basic and hasn’t taught me anything I didn’t already know. I’ve flipped through the rest, though, and it looks like it will be a lot of fun to read and then to practice what I’m learning! Perhaps I will share some of what I am creating in the next little while…

So there’s exciting thing #1, and I would have been completely happy and excited with this one event in my day. But around supper time, we got a phone call. I can usually guess pretty well who is calling because the amount of calls we get each day is pretty predictable…or at least not surprising. An unexpected call…right around supper…we haven’t been getting many telemarketers lately…it must be about the house. Sure enough…a couple was interested in looking at our house! So we went into a cleaning frenzy because we hadn’t even gotten a call in 10+ days and now we were having someone look at the house in under 2 hours! We did the dishes (before and after supper), swept and mopped the floor, made the bed, vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms, dusted, and tidied. It actually doesn’t take very long to get our house “show-worthy” because we usually don’t let it get too bad between cleans. At 7:30, we showed the house and were pretty excited when they loved the house and asked why we were only asking what we are asking and not more! They sounded pretty positive, so now we’re in that waiting game. Do they make an offer? Don’t they? I’m trying not to get my hopes up too much, but…it sure would be nice if it sold. None of our school/fall plans can be completely finalized until the house is sold.

So yeah, that was our excitement-filled day. Hope it wasn’t too mundane or unexciting to read about…I’m sure your lives all have quite a steep level of daily excitement that doesn’t compare to a package in the mail and showing your house. But for us, particularly me, it was wonderful!

What is the most exciting thing that happened in your day yesterday/today?

6 comments:

Peter said...

Well, for two days now I have not had to lay anybody off at work - how exciting is that?!

Stacey said...

Awesome! I love getting parcels in the mail, and selling something is fun too :) I sure hope they call back soon!

Alicia Buhler said...

That book looks very familiar.

As for what exciting thing happened today (or Wednesday, can it be yesterday?)... I'll tell you when I see you tomorrow!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

yeah such an exciting day. Hope the house sale happens.

ps. I LOVE the last post.

Anonymous said...

Definately two excitement-worthy events! What was exciting about my day? Well, it's Easter Sunday, so that in itself is exciting - but the best part is that my mom is making us supper! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you get an offer? I'm SO curious!