Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Picture Post


This is a picture that I took this morning. The sun was shining, but dark clouds were looming. I thought it was a beautiful picture to wake up to. There’s something profound and thought-provoking about a scene like this. I also liked the contrast of the dark clouds and the bright sunlight. Perhaps I should have edited out the power lines in the foreground…but I’m not one for editing too much. Every once in a while I’ll play around and “touch up” some of my photos, but mostly what you see is what I took. I guess it makes me feel like I actually need skill to take great photos…


This picture is one that Nathan took while we were out walking a couple nights ago. He’s a pretty awesome photographer. He’s been having just as much fun with my new lens as I have! I like the solitude of this photo. The quiet walking…alone (as far as the viewer knows). Thinking…praying…walking... It’s very “me.” Thanks, Nathan, for capturing that. Wonderful composition, too. Good eye.

(If it looks a little dark on your computer, sorry ‘bout that…it’s just the computer. When I looked at pictures on our computer at home, they’re always lighter than they are here at work. I never know how other people see them…)

3 comments:

Marsha said...

it is very you, good pics like 'em both (no profound comments here, but at least you know I'm reading)

Alicia Buhler said...

they're a little dark, but not bad

I love reading/viewing your blog!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love that you two share something like photography together.