Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another down...a few more to go

I finished a couple more projects in the last few days.  I'm sad that I can't post pictures of the project that is a gift, but I'll just say this: It turned out very well. : )

The one I can post a picture of is the seat belt cover: 


I haven't actually used it yet, but after a slight adjustment it fits the seat belt, and I'd say the fabric is pretty fun.  I cut up an old man Wrangler shirt and used the fabric from the shirt for the main part.  I put some cotton batting in it to add some padding and then quilted it so that it stays put.  Then I took the snap buttons (awesome!) off the shirt and sewed them onto the side of the cover as a means of fastening the sleeve around the seat belt.  Perfect!  The picture really doesn't do justice to how magnificent it is... :D

1 comment:

Karis Brandes said...

I love it!
...and I can't wait to see the gift! :)