Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monterey and the Coast

Friday and Saturday of last week were spent on the beautiful coast of California.  Nathan's parents have been down since Wednesday, so we enjoyed the coast with them.  On Friday morning, we drove down to Monterey Bay.  We spent a couple hours in the Monterey Aquarium, which was quite fascinating and VERY impressive.  I'm not normally much of a "fish person" but I must admit, it was quite remarkable.  My favorite part, though, was when Nathan and I just sat and watched the sea otters play.  They really liked to show off for the people watching and it was great fun to see!
These are some of the waves that we saw crashing on the coast at Monterey.  
They were the largest I'd ever seen in my life...I think they were about 12-13 feet high.

The next day we spend the majority of the day just driving down the coast.   It was so very beautiful, but since getting pregnant, I have been much more prone to car-sickness.  The roads were up-and-down and very curvy through the coastal mountains.  The waves were crashing on the rocks way down beside us, but I could hardly look out the window to enjoy it!  Oh well.  I'm really glad we went because it's something I've wanted to see since we moved down here. 
This picture is the "Lone Cypress" in/near Monterey.  It is over 250 years old.

Sunday we went to church together and spent the afternoon napping and reading and making beer butt chicken (see Nathan's blog HERE).  Overall it was a wonderful Easter weekend.  He is RISEN!!!

No comments: