Saturday, April 17, 2010

Etsy...

So...I am not a business woman.  I've tried my hand at selling Creative Memories.  I couldn't manage to sell enough to even pay for the minimum requirement.  I've now tried Etsy and I am not a "go-getter" enough to advertise and be competitive and keep active.  Therefore, I've decided to go inactive as far as Etsy goes.  Especially with our coming year being so crazy with moving and moving and...moving again, not to mention our growing family, I just don't see myself creating things so that I can try to sell them to other people.  I have a feeling I'll be plenty busy and will be thankful if I have time to create stuff for myself!

That said, I do LOVE to make things for other people.  So if anyone would like anything (if they've seen something they like or have an idea of something), you can totally feel free to get in touch with me and ask me about it.  I will let you know if I think it's do-able or if I have time for it or whatever.  And I'm not looking to bring in a huge profit (with Etsy, they took a certain percentage so the costs were higher, plus I was potentially making things for random people as opposed to just for friends).  The costs should be reasonable as I'll just try to cover my costs and, depending on how busy I am, maybe some of my time. 

So the offer is officially open.  I'm game for some creative challenges, people!

No comments: