Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's been decided...

I mentioned a couple posts ago that Nathan and I were having a hard time deciding on whether or not to find out the gender of our little munchkin before the delivery room.  Well, we've made a decision and a surprise it will be!  Nathan's main reason for wanting to find out was that I already felt like I knew what we were having and he figured we may as well confirm it.  I had such a strong feeling about it that I would have actually been surprised if we delivered the opposite.  I say "had" because the feeling is not so strong anymore.  I'm still pretty sure I know though ; ) 

Yesterday was my entry into the 16th week of pregnancy, so I'm officially 15 full weeks now.  Yay!  This is what I'm looking like these days:
There's not much to see, but the belly is starting to show, at least compared to what it was.  I got my first pair of maternity jeans while Nathan's parents were out and WOW!  I hadn't realized just how uncomfortable my old jeans had gotten until I wore those.  I plan to hem them today and then I think I will live in them for the next 9 months or so!  I've also heard about belly bands.  They're basically the stretchy part of maternity pants, just without the pants attached.  You wear your old regular jeans, unbuttoned and unzipped, and wear the band on top so that it doesn't look like you just forgot to do up your fly.  Has anyone ever used one of these?  Is it a must-have or did you hate it?  Any insights for me?

7 comments:

Kyra said...

This is all so exciting! Whenever I have a moment to read your blog I have a permanent smile on my face. Thank you for sharing all your thoughts and experiences, because I enjoy hearing about them. :)

Alyssa said...

OHH you're looking beautiful as always!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Hello baby :) There is definitely the beginning of a baby belly there :) Looking great. Good for you for waiting. I heard that belly bands are fantastic and I plan to use one next time around.

Bonnie said...

Niki you are so cute ... you definitely have a baby bump there!!! As for the belly bands, they are awesome!!! I never really used it with my old pants so much but it's also great for getting more wear out of your shirts too b/c you wear the belly band and then a shirt that would otherwise look too short is okay b/c it looks layered now!!

Karis Brandes said...

Yay for belly!!
I used my belly band a lot in the first months of having a belly. Very handy when you have a more dressy event but don't want to buy a pair of maternity dress pants. I got to the point where my tummy was too big to bother with it anymore, but I've heard it's also good for the post-pregnancy adjustment time, so I'm sure I'll be breaking it out again in a few weeks!

Jo Funk said...

Belly Bands are helpful, but I still prefered maternity pants. I was constantly pulling up the pants and pulling down the band. That said, I agree with Karis, it would be a good alternative to buying dressy maternity pants to wear only once or twice.

Not that you're there yet, but Bravado nursing bras and tanks are awesome. I'm a huge huge fan of their tank tops. They aren't that much more expensive, but keep your tummy covered when nursing, which, for the first few weeks after birth won't be your favorite part of your body to show off!! And they're crazy comfortable!!

Sparlingo said...

Zero insight into the belly band yet at this point in life! You're officially wandering into uncharted territory for me :). Yay for that!