Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seventeen again...

Seventeen weeks, that is...

I am feeling quite good these days.  I basically feel back to my "pre-pregnancy" self, except for the growing belly, of course.  I still have moments of food aversion here and there, and the occasional sick day.  But for the most part, I'm feeling great. 

The belly continues to grow.  It hit me the other day that I still have 23 weeks of growing that needs to happen!  I know, duh!, right?  That's the idea of a 9-month pregnancy.  But I look back over the last 2-3 weeks, which is when I've really started to notice the belly popping out, and I notice growth almost daily, for sure weekly.  And I think of 23 more weeks worth of that rate of growth.  I am going to be HUGE!!  It is a bit of an overwhelming thought.  There's no escaping it!  (not that I want to...)

I haven't felt any movement yet, at least not that I can recognize as baby movement.  I hear that will come soon, as long as the placenta isn't in the way...I'm pretty excited, but trying to enjoy my undistracted sleep attempts while I can!

My appetite is slowly picking up again.  With everything just not sounding appetizing, it's been difficult to really think much about eating (though I must!).  But the other night my hunger hit in full force!  At 10pm I was sitting there, thinking about going to bed and I was just SO hungry!  I got up and made myself a plate of fried spaghetti (YUM) and polished it off no problem.  It didn't make a dent in my hunger though.  I had a slice of bread with some good ol' Nutella on it and, while that still didn't seem to make a difference, I didn't know what else I could justify eating at 10:45 at night so I went to bed.  It felt SO good to be that hungry after not having much of an appetite since early February though!  I hear there's more of that to come, so I guess I'll have to start steering my snacks in a more healthy direction.  It's not that I don't snack regularly on apples, yogurt, etc, but somehow full-meal deals (like leftovers) appeal to me more...

Well, I can't think of what else comes with the 17 week mark.  It's not feeling terribly real yet, but I don't know if that will ever come until there is a little bundle in my arms.  I am looking forward to getting back to Canada so I can open up the boxes of baby stuff that I've been collecting over the past 3-4 years though.  That will be an exciting day...and probably emotional too.  That's another thing that has been coming with pregnancy...being unexplainably emotional!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

So exciting!! I can't wait till you're back in Canada so I can spend some time with you guys!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

You look really cute! I can imagine the emotions you will experience when you see all that baby stuff.

Kyra said...

Oh Nikki, you are making ME wish I was married and pregnant! It all sounds to exciting, and such an adventure! I can't wait to meet your bundle of joy when he/she makes their way into the world!

Sylvia said...

You have grown SO much since we were there just a couple of weeks ago! Make sure you use the cream I gave you to keep your beautiful skin stretching around that big baby!

We're counting down days until we see you in person!

Mom